YWCA Central Alabama has 15 paid AmeriCorps service positions remaining starting September 3, 2019. All positions are full-time, based in Jefferson, Shelby and St. Clair Counties, and serving Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Some evening or weekend service may be required. A bachelor’s degree or some college, and a passion for meaningful service are required for this one-year commitment to service. Men and women are encouraged to apply. Extensive background checks are performed on members.
Interested in becoming an AmeriCorps? Click here for more information on applying to become an AmeriCorps. Please email a resume, cover letter and three choices for which you desire to be considered to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.
YWCA AmeriCorps benefits include:
· Stipend of $1100/month (pre-taxes)
· An educational award of $6,095 upon completion
· Free health insurance for the individual
· Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
· Child care subsidy and SNAP eligibility for those who qualify
· An opportunity to serve with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
· Extensive personal and professional development