YWCA Central Alabama is currently hiring seven (7) AmeriCorps members for its Building Communities, Bettering Lives AmeriCorps program. Remaining service positions include AlaQuest Collaborative for Education, BuildUp Ensley, YW Family Violence Center, Firehouse Shelter, YW Interfaith Hospitality House, and Junior Achievement.
YWCA AmeriCorps benefits include:
· Stipend of $1,200/month (pre-taxes)
· An educational award of $3,047 upon completion
· No cost health insurance for full-time members (38 hours per week)
· Student loan forbearance and interest accrual
· Child care subsidy and SNAP eligibility for those who qualify
· An opportunity to serve with some of Birmingham’s premier nonprofit organizations
· Extensive personal and professional development
AmeriCorps positions start immediately and conclude on August 14, 2020. All positions are available until filled and are full-time, Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Men and women 21 and older are encouraged to apply. A passion for serving the community and commitment of one year is expected of all.
Please email a resume, cover letter and three choices for which you desire to be considered to email@example.com. Phone calls and unscheduled visits are discouraged.