- Ability to comprehend, process, interpret, and carryout (follow) instructions spoken in the English language and written in a variety of documents and references relevant to the job. Including, but not limited to NAEYC Accreditation Standards, DHR standards, and USDA documentation
- Ability to write appropriate, intelligible, clear and understandable documents or reports.
- Sufficient communication skills (hearing, verbal, speech) as required for effective interpersonal communication with families and other staff.
- Ability to lift/manipulate/move objects weighing no more than 35 pounds from one place to another.
- Ability to lift objects from the floor to 18" inches above the shoulder.
- Vision sufficiently correctable to permit full performance of all job duties.
- Wide range of mobility including walking, running, climbing (step stool), sitting, stooping, bending, and carrying necessary to perform planning, preparation, and classroom activities. Stand or walk on uneven surfaces, climb stairs.
- Physically able to perform with degree of dexterity such clerical functions as filing, labeling, stamping, stapling, and writing, cutting.
- Must be able to cope well with stress.
- Able to resolve conflicts between and among children and co-workers.
- Dependable: Demonstrates self-discipline and effective time management.
- Anticipates what needs to be done without being asked or reminded.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of child development and especially of characteristics of students in the age group assigned.
- Knowledge of the prescribed curriculum.
- Knowledge of current educational research.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of current technology.
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles.
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents and others.
- Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness.
- Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others.
- Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as needed in a fast-paced, high intensive work environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position: Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm.
Part time position: Days of work are Monday through Friday; shifts will vary: 7:00 am – 1:00 (1); 12:00 – 6:00 (2); 3:00 – 6:00 (1).
Please send resume or inquiries to attn: Ms. Bies - firstname.lastname@example.org.