|Date Posted ||June 25, 2019|
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
YWCA is looking for a Family Counselor to provide a full range of counseling services to individuals, families and children served by the YWCA Central Alabama through its domestic violence, housing and child development programs.
- Provide individual counseling services to victims of domestic violence, including rural victims at YWCA offices in Blount County and St. Clair County
- Provide individual, couples and family counseling to transitional and permanent housing residents at the YWCA downtown, as well as YWoodlawn Housing and Interfaith Hospitality House in Woodlawn
- Provide individual and group counseling to children served in the YWCA’s Child Development Center and After School Enrichment Program as requested
- Facilitate weekly domestic violence victim support groups in Jefferson County; provide support for domestic violence victim support groups in St. Clair County
- Offer mental health education programs for clients, residents and staff; provide advocacy and public education as requested
- Provide coverage on the domestic violence crisis line Maintain detailed statistics and records on those served Adhere to the policies of the program and agency
- Responsible for on-going professional growth and knowledge of developments within the fields of mental health, domestic violence, children’s mental health, poverty and trauma-informed services
- All other duties as needed and assigned for the smooth operation of the agency
Master’s degree in counseling, mental health, social work or marriage and family therapy
Minimum of three years’ relevant experience, including experience in crisis intervention Currently licensed as one of the following:
- Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by the Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) or Marriage and Family Therapy Associate (MFT Associate) by the Alabama Board of Examiners in Marriage & Family Therapy
- Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and consult with clinical supervisor as needed while adhering to relevant professional ethics and standards of practice
- Knowledge of community-based social services and mental health resources and referrals
- Ability to work with socially and culturally diverse populations, and to deal effectively in crisis situations
- Ability to work some evenings
- Ability to use personal vehicle to travel to satellite offices
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Catherine Alexander-Wright at email@example.com.