|Date Posted:||June 20, 2019|
Director of Development
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
The YWCA is seeking a Director of Development to create and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive annual development and communications strategy for fundraising and community relations goals for the organization that may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
- Supervise development, donor relations and special events staff.
- Coach and develop staff with mission-driven goals, high performance expectations, quantifiable results, succession planning and personal development.
- Serve as primary staff for development and foundation committees of the YWCA Board of Directors.
- Create and implement annual coordinated development plan to include special events, direct mail solicitations, e-campaigns, major and planned gift solicitations, and volunteer driven fundraising efforts.
- Identify, develop and cultivate corporate, foundation, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities.
- Writes and assists with corporate proposals as a part of internal grants team.
- Oversee successful implementation of all special events.
- All other duties needed for the smooth operating of the agency.
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, communications or related field.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- Must have supervisory experience and management of volunteer resources.
- Experience in capital campaign management preferred.
- Excellent people skills for dealing with staff, volunteers and the larger community.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience in fundraising, nonprofit administration or sales field.
- Proven success in individual and corporate fundraising, specifically working with special events.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear and thorough manner using effective communication tools and techniques.
- Must have strong written skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and donor management software. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor software preferred.
| || |