The YWCA is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant towork in our Domestic Violence Services department. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Domestic Violence Services this position provides administrative support department. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures. This is a full-time position.
- Organizes and collects large volumes of information such as program statistics and information for the DVS department.
- Compile program statistics and generate reports quarterly, annually and as needed for DVS, other departments, ACADV and United Way
- Maintain departmental statistical database for local, state, and national requirements
- Manage database permissions and provide software training to DVS staff.
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings; prepare and maintain minutes.
- Collect monthly timesheets and expense reports for grant billing
- Prepare and maintain personnel files for audits
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the department.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Collect supply orders for DVS staff.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supervises temporary staff as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Grant reporting experience.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two years' related experience required
Qualified applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to Catherine Alexander-Wright: email@example.com.
No phone calls please.