December 7, 2019
Each year, YWCA Central Alabama hosts Santa’s Workshop to help families who are living in area homeless/transitional shelters or those otherwise in need to have a happy holiday season. On the day of the event, Dec. 7, 2019, children get to meet Santa and make gifts and crafts that they can give to parents, teachers, friends, and other loved ones. Meanwhile, caregivers get to "shop" (everything is free) for toys and other gifts to give to their precious babies.
Here's How You Can Help:
- Volunteer to help set up our gymnasium and toy rooms or breakdown Santa’s Workshop
- Volunteer to help parents select toys, wrap gifts, guide kids through arts and crafts at Santa’s Workshop
- Make an online donation to Santa's Workshop. Select Santa's Workshop from the pull-down menu.
- Choose a gift from the Santa's Workshop wish list.
- Drop off. Please drop off your item(s) at the YWCA, 309 23rd Street North, by Friday, Nov. 29, 2019.
#GIVE2020 ON #GIVINGTUESDAY TO #BESOMEONESSANTA
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: #GivingTuesday #YWCASanta #BeSomeonesSanta #Give2020
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT WITH AMAZON SMILE!
*Designate the YWCA Central Alabama as your charity of choice when shopping on Amazon and a percentage of your purchase price is automatically donated to our organization. Follow these easy steps:
- Visit smile.amazon.com and sign in with your existing account information (or create an account if you don't have one.)
- Search for and choose YWCA of Birmingham as your charity of choice.
- In the top right corner, select "Your Lists" then "Find a Wish List or Registry.
- Search for the YWCA wish list.
- Shop and check out.
You may also select any other online store that ships! Just order any of the items from the wish list below and for the shipping address enter:
YWCA Central Alabama
309 North 23rd Street
Birmingham, AL 35203
205-322-9922 ext. 304
We'll make sure it gets to Santa!
Don't see what you're looking for? Contact Special Events Manager at (205) 322-9922 or by email at email@example.com to share your own ideas.
Due to the nature of the services that the YW provides to women and children, volunteers working with children, and in some cases, volunteers working with our domestic violence program will undergo background checks.