To provide Intensive Theraplay Based counseling services for individuals, families and children served by the YWCA Central Alabama through its domestic violence, housing and child development programs.
- Use Theraplay practices to provide individual and family counseling to victims of domestic violence and their children at the YWCA Central Alabama – Jefferson, Blount and St. Clair County areas.
- Provide individual and group counseling to children served in the YWCA’s Child Development Center and After School Enrichment Program as requested
- Facilitate weekly Theraplay based group activities for victims and their children in Jefferson County and St. Clair County areas
- Provide therapeutic recommendations to shelter staff, schools and other social service agencies (as needed) to assist victims and their children in advocating for their social, emotional and developmental needs.
- Maintain detailed statistics and records on those served
- Adhere to the policies of the program and agency
- Responsible for on-going professional growth and knowledge of developments within the fields of mental health, domestic violence, children’s mental health, poverty and trauma-informed services
- All other duties as needed and assigned for the smooth operation of the agency
Master’s degree in counseling, mental health, social work or marriage and family therapy
License Eligible with 3-5yrs therapeutic experience with family systems, domestic violence, abuse/neglect and trauma informed services
Currently licensed as one of the following preferred:
Associate Licensed Counselor (ALC) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) by the Alabama Board of Examiners in Counseling
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) or Marriage and Family Therapy Associate (MFT Associate) by the Alabama Board of Examiners in Marriage & Family Therapy
Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and consult with clinical supervisor as needed while adhering to relevant professional ethics and standards of practice
- Knowledge of community-based social services and mental health resources and referrals
- Ability to work with socially and culturally diverse populations, and to deal effectively in crisis situations
- Ability to work some evenings
- Ability to use personal vehicle to travel to satellite offices
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Fanicy Sears: firstname.lastname@example.org.