|Date Posted:||July 9, 2019|
Shelter Coordinator - Family Violence Center
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
YWCA of Central Alabama is seeking Shelter Coordinator for the Family Violence Center. This position will work under the guidance of the FVC Shelter Manager to develop programs, assist with day-to-day operations; provide direct services to clients and serve as liaison to clients and staff.
- Assist Shelter Manager with various grant reports, time records and other documentation.
- Provide case management and supportive services to in-shelter clients.
- Conduct client intake procedure and shelter policy orientation for new clients.
- Implement shelter policy, ACADV Victim Service Standards and direct personnel policies.
- Provide appropriate referrals to clients ineligible for shelter or seeking other assistance.
- Seek input and share needs with the Shelter Manager on issues concerning shelter.
- Provide orientation and training for new staff and auxiliary staff (Interns and AmeriCorps members).
- Clarify agency policies and procedures to all shelter staff.
- Assist the Shelter Manager with scheduling of all staff.
- Supervise student placements.
- Perform on-call responsibilities if needed.
- Build rapport with staff and facilitate team building.
- Train or provide in-service training opportunities for all staff.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of shelter, including, but not limited to: transportation, shopping, upkeep and cleaning of facility, menu planning, chore assignments, room preparation and providing clients with medication and supplies as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Work closely with Shelter Manager in developing shelter program according to ACADV Victim Service Standards.
- Work closely with staff in implementing ACADV Victim Service Standards.
- Review case files for quality assurance and monitoring purposes along with Shelter Manager.
- Develop an understanding of the various statistical reports.
- Provide direct services to clients as needed and maintain a small caseload when necessary.
- Manage donations and acceptance process with final approval of Shelter Manager and Development department.
- Effective Communication.
- Conflict Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or closely related field.
- Complete ACADV Certification training.
- Four or more year's related experience in the human services field with administrative responsibilities.
- Must meet eligibility requirements (child abuse and neglect) clearance through Alabama Department of Human Resources.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license, automobile insurance and suitable driving record.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to Cleola Callahan at email@example.com.