|Date Posted:||June 10, 2019|
Human Resources Assistant
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
The YWCA is seeking a full-time Human Resources Assistant who will be responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations; provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department; maintain all related Human Resources data, and processing of documents for FMLA, separations, benefit enrollment, recruitment and on-boarding.
Assist with the recruiting process from applicant tracking to scheduling interviews.
Often responsible for orienting new employees to the organization and is the point person for all new employee questions.
Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc).
Responsible for maintaining organized and up-to-date files and employee records (digital and paper copies).
Ensure compliance regulations are met between the organization and insurance or retirement benefit vendors.
Acts as an advocate for employees and conveys employee issues and concerns to management for resolution.
Collaborates with the Employee Engagement Committee to help plan oversee employee recognition events.
Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc).
|An ideal candidate will have the following competencies:|
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Uses good judgment
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Relationship building (employees and vendors)
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
|Required Education and Experience:|
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a human resources or administrative professional capacity.
- Familiar with human resources functions and best practices.
- Advanced computer skills with capability In MS Office, HRIS and related business and communication tools.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified applicants please send a resume and writing sample to Parlisia Jenkins at email@example.com.