|August 14, 2019|
|The YWCA is seeking an Auxiliary Teacher for our OSR (Office of School Readiness) classroom, who will teach with emphasis on development of the whole child, to include partnership with parents and working with the entire family. Providing and maintaining a safe environment and a comprehensive program with the goal of a meaningful classroom experience; providing guidance and direction to meet the individual needs of students. This position reports to the Child Care Director.|
| || |
- Participate in daily and long-range lesson and classroom activity planning.
- Prepare classroom materials and develop activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Conduct learning experiences with individual students and/or small groups of students.
- Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
- Assist in caring for and securing classroom equipment and supplies.
- Assist the teacher in duties relating to supervision of playground, cafeteria, and student transportation, clean-up routines, preparation for conferences and other similar activities.
- Alert the teacher to special needs of individual students and assists students as needed.
- Respect confidentiality with regard to student performance and records.
- Perform unique functions as may be related to the instruction of students
- Assist in daily duties of which may be car duty, extra-curricular duties whenever students are involved in school activities.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential job functions.
- Maintain professional growth and competence through professional development as per agency and attend mandatory OSR Pre K conference and participates in all required staff development.
- Adhere to regulations set forth by Department of Human Resources and NAEYC.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 20 hours – 10 of these hours must be from training provided by OSR and 10 from local or other approved sources.
- Possess a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or at least 9 credit hours of college work in the field of Early Childhood
| || |