|December 20, 2019|
|The YWCA is seeking an Auxiliary Teacher for our OSR (Office of School Readiness) classroom, who will teach with an emphasis on the development of the whole child, to include a partnership with parents and working with the entire family. Providing and maintaining a safe environment and a comprehensive program with the goal of meaningful classroom experience; providing guidance and direction to meet the individual needs of students. This position reports to the Child Care Director.|
| || |
- Participate in daily and long-range lessons and classroom activity planning.
- Prepare classroom materials and develop activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Conduct learning experiences with individual students and/or small groups of students.
- Assist in preparing class displays and bulletin boards.
- Assist in caring for and securing classroom equipment and supplies.
- Assist the teacher in duties relating to supervision of playground, cafeteria, and student transportation, clean-up routines, preparation for conferences and other similar activities.
- Alert the teacher to the special needs of individual students and assist students as needed.
- Respect confidentiality with regard to student performance and records.
- Perform unique functions as may be related to the instruction of students
- Assist in daily duties of which may be car duty, extra-curricular duties whenever students are involved in school activities.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential job functions.
- Maintain professional growth and competence through professional development as per agency and attend mandatory OSR Pre K conference and participates in all required staff development.
- Adhere to regulations set forth by the Department of Human Resources and NAEYC.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 20 hours – 10 of these hours must be from the training provided by OSR and 10 from local or other approved sources.
- Possess a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or at least 9 credit hours of college work in the field of Early Childhood
| || |