|August 11, 2019|
Relief House Manager (Part-time as Needed)
The House Manager will provide supervision and life skills guidance to resident families for the YWCA Interfaith program, ensuring the smooth operation of the facility in a way that provides exceptional tenant services for residents while achieving the highest standards of compliance.
- Adhere to the policies of the YWCA and support its Mission and Vision
- Provide compassionate, empowering assistance to all residents in a manner that prepares them to achieve the very best in their tenancy and in their lives.
- Follow the procedures, schedules and practices established by the YWCA under the supervision of the Interfaith Hospitality House Shelter Director.
- Place work orders for repairs and schedule routine maintenance of the IHH facility coordinating with Facilities Specialist and Facilities Services department as may be needed.
- Replenish food, household cleaning, laundry and maintenance supplies for daily use, in a manner consistent with operational protocols and YWCA standards; assess inventory, storage and distribution of resources.
- Ensure timely and ongoing communication with other house managers and the IHH Shelter Manager, both verbally and by maintaining properly updated shift change reports to this end.
- Assist with reception of phone calls and visitors requests and inquiries are properly directed.
- Conduct inspections of resident units and all common areas, to ensure cleanliness, safety and good repair.
- Assist Facilities Specialist in processing of all donations ensuring appropriate distribution of these items.
- Supervise and assist as may be needed with meal preparation, serving and clean-up.
- Receive and distribute all daily mail to appropriate staff and resident families.
- Assist with all tours and visits to the YWCA as may be required including representing the YWCA at meetings and community events as may be requested.
- Actively participate in department and agency meetings, working collaboratively with other members of the YWCA’s Housing Department and other Programs in the fulfillment of the department’s obligations and YWCA as a whole.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary for the smooth operation of the Housing Office and the YWCA, overall.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience providing direct services to individuals, children, and families.
- Valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance.
All interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Monica Shields, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.