|Date Posted:||May 6, 2019|
Residential Services Manager
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
The YWCA is seeking a full-time Residential Services Manager who will be responsible for the development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the YWCA’s domestic violence shelters; assist in development and maintenance of grant proposals and program initiatives; and assist in establishing effective communication and partnerships in the community.
- Responsible for the oversight of the domestic violence shelter programs and 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline
- Provide advocacy and public education to the community through public speaking, brochures, personal contacts, etc.
- Manage ongoing grants for shelter programs
- Responsible for compliance reviews, audits and monitoring visits at both shelters
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, development, and evaluation of staff
- Represent YWCA Domestic Violence Services on the Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence (ACADV) Program Council
- Maintain program statistical information; prepare monthly and annual statistical reports
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning & Listening: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making; giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Required Education and Experience:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified applicants please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Alexander-Wright at email@example.com.