|Date Posted:||September 9, 2019|
|Position Name:||Stabilization and Permanency Case Manager|
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
YWCA of Central Alabama is seeking a Stabilization and Permanency Case Manager for the Domestic Violence Services program. This position will coordinate and provide permanent housing assistance for women and children experiencing homelessness and/or who are at-risk of homelessness and provide case management and crisis intervention services to residents of the Family Violence Center.
- Complete thorough assessments and provide individualized case management services to assist clients with identifying and obtaining affordable, permanent housing.
- Determine eligibility for federal housing financial assistance and complete appropriate referrals to support safety and permanent housing goals.
- Develop a housing stabilization plan to assist clients with retaining permanent housing upon the termination of financial assistance.
- Provide financial literacy education to clients to ensure economic success upon exiting shelter or receiving homelessness prevention financial assistance.
- Work with community agencies and landlords to increase knowledge of housing options and resources to enhance the effectiveness of services to clients.
- Adhere to standards, policies, and procedures of federally funded grants and programs
- Provide advocacy and public education as needed.
- Provide coverage of domestic violence crisis line and shelter supportive services as needed.
- Provide emergency night & weekend on-call coverage of domestic violence crisis line and shelter supportive services on a rotating basis.
- Maintain detailed statistics and complete reporting requirements for programs and grants.
- Case Management
- Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Social Awareness
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university
- Three years of experience providing direct services to individuals, children, and families.
- Computer skills in word processing and a willingness to adapt to new software.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance if applicable for job function.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to Cleola Callahan at email@example.com.