|February 15, 2019|
Summer Learning Teacher
- Responsible for implementation of the YWCA Summer Enrichment Program for students leaving K-7 grades.
- Will work with specific content areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts)
- Will plan and implement learning experiences in a small group setting of ten to thirteen students.
- Attends all required training and orientation meetings (scheduled late afternoon and 1 Saturday
- Assists administering assessments to all students as designated by the Summer Learning Coordinator
- Helps create a learning environment that is intentionally inviting and engaging
- Helps design and implement creative daily lesson plans designed to meet individual students needs as determined by assessments
- Utilizes materials provided by YWCA to carry out all customized daily lesson plans
- Manages and maintains all YWCA teaching materials
- Has a strong commitment to a summer learning style that is creative and engaging
- Maintains good classroom management through positive behavior supports and interventions
- Maintains ongoing communication with ASEP Coordinator and occasional communication with parents regarding student performance and needs
- Assesses student’s performance in order to plan classroom instruction.
- Prepare necessary teaching materials
- Submits time as instructed, completes student attendance and other necessary paperwork to ASEP Coordinator by respective deadlines
- Assists in completing inventories and evaluations format at the end of the program and returns all materials to ASEP office at an assigned date.
Skills, Qualifications, Physical Demands
- Experience working with children mandatory
- Enthusiastic, hands-on teaching style that engages children in learning activities
- Ability to individualize instruction within groups
- Proficient with email and online research
- Degree and Certification in Education
- Must have adequate transportation to and from assigned site
- Frequent need to ascend/descent stairs
- Frequent need to bend, stoop, sit on floor and in low chairs, and move about classroom and in the field, in order to facilitate instruction and supervision.
- Ability to transport 30 lbs of books and materials
- Must attend required trainings held at Birmingham office or other designation location before program begins.
All interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Jondra Caddell, email@example.com. No phone calls please.