June 29, 2018
YWCA Building Communities, Bettering Lives AmeriCorps program recognized the annual AmeriCorps members of the year and the inaugural AmeriCorps supervisors of the year. Voted on by AmeriCorps members and supervisors, the winners were:
2017-2018 AmeriCorps Members of the Year:
• Amber James, serving with YWCA Healthy Relationships
• Brandy McKinney, serving with Girls, Inc.
• Jessica Andrews, serving with Girls, Inc.
• Andrea Miller, serving with AlaQuest Collaborative for Education
2017-2018 AmeriCorps Supervisors of the Year:
• Matthew Smith, AmeriCorps Alumnus and Executive Director of AlaQuest Collaborative for Education
• Annetta Nunn, retired YWCA Healthy Relationships supervisor
Winners were celebrated for their exceptional commitment to AmeriCorps and being shining examples of the spirit of service. All 40 YWCA AmeriCorps members were honored at an End of the Year Celebration with a festive gathering highlighting the more than 60,000 hours of service they render each year and awarding them for “getting things done”.