June 15, 2021
Strangulation Training for Professionals
Strangulation has been identified as one of the most lethal forms of domestic violence. This powerful form of abuse is a compelling reinforcement to the victim that their abuser decides their fate.
Join us Tuesday, June 15 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. for an educational conversation with our panelists, which will include a SANE nurse, court advocate, prosecutor, and judge. This webinar will equip professionals who assist victims of strangulation with strategies to properly assess for non-fatal strangulation, advocate for specific medical attention and safety needs of strangulation survivors and understand the devastating traumatic outcomes of strangulation for survivors.
Attendees will leave with the following information, tools, and skills:
- A systematic review of the prevalence of non-fatal strangulation
- Medical signs and symptoms of strangulation assaults
- Strangulation laws, statewide
- Investigative strategies, report writing, and fatal strangulation
- Successful prosecution strategies
- Understanding the impact of trauma on survivors
- Best practices in advocacy for survivors of non-fatal strangulation
This webinar is for professionals. CEU and CLE credits available.
Free, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. (CST)