YWCA Central Alabama is working every day to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. We serve women, children, and families in adverse circumstances, whether they live in poverty or in fear for their lives. YWCA meets critical needs through programming for child and youth development, domestic violence services, and affordable housing.
Here's a look at how YWCA Central Alabama changed lives in 2020.
YWCA Central Alabama Statistics
Did You Know? A gift of ...
- $75 provides baby wipes for children housed in our confidential shelters for one month.
- $1,000 supports a licensed mental health therapist for approximately one week, including supplies and equipment.
- $1,200 supports a civil legal attorney for about one week (our Family Law Center provides free civil legal services for domestic violence survivors).
- $1,500 provides art and other therapeutic supplies for our counselors, who serve children in two YWCA shelters.
- $1,500 will allow YWCA to replace the Family Violence Center’s kitchen flooring (including supplies and YWCA maintenance labor).
- $2,000 provides one week of emergency shelter for a family fleeing an abusive home when our shelter is full, as it is now because of COVID-19.
- $5,000 covers telephone services for one of our shelters for one year, including emergency crisis line phones, and phones used by shelter residents.
- $5,458 covers supplies for one of our confidential shelters for one month, including cleaning supplies and hygiene items.
- $10,000 maintains/replaces shelter equipment used each year by families in our shelter, including washers, dryers, stoves, and microwaves.
View our Annual Report or contact the YWCA Public Relations & Mission Impact Department at 205.322.9922, ext. 307.