|Date Posted:||October 15, 2019|
VP of Development
YWCA Central Alabama is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. We work every day to make a positive change in the lives of individuals and in the community.
The YWCA of Central Alabama is looking for a Vice President of Development. The VP of Development creates and oversees the implementation of a comprehensive annual development strategy for fundraising and community relations for the organization that may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and implement annual coordinated and comprehensive solicitation plan to include special events, direct mail solicitations, e-campaigns, grants, major and planned gift solicitations, and volunteer-driven fundraising efforts in order to meet annual budgeted goals for the organization
- Oversee successful implementation of special events including volunteer committee oversight, budget, solicitation management and event implementation
Organize fund development
- Work closely with grant manager and Programs on the preparation and submission of grant applications, as outlined in the fund development plan.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
Manage fund development budget
- Manage an annual income and expenditure budget.
- Manage membership growth and cultivation of planned giving and major gifts including solicitation, tracking, acquisition and stewardship
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Aligning performance for success.
- Building a successful team.
- Building customer loyalty.
- Customer focus.
- Gaining commitment.
- Information monitoring.
Education and Experience:
Proven success in individual and corporate fundraising, specifically working with special events, and capital campaign management
- Must have supervisory experience and management of volunteer resources
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present, assert and speak to a variety of stakeholders, including staff.
- The ability to be tactful and diplomatic in all situations, knowing when to compromise and when to take a stand.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, communications or related field.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant experience in fundraising, nonprofit administration or sales field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and donor management software. Working knowledge of Raisers Edge donor software preferred.
Qualified applicants please send resume to Parlisia Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.